Rip talks about how other fitness programs want you to focus on aesthetics and training muscle groups. Machines cannot produce enough systemic stress for growth.
Performance-based training works better for aesthetics than training separate muscle groups on machines. The body works as a system of levers powered by contractile motors, “muscles.” None of the muscles function in isolation from the others.
- 01:44 Comments from the Haters!
- 13:12 Starting Strength and aesthetics
- 20:13 We aren’t bodybuilders, but the body gets built
- 25:23 How to get bigger muscles
- 31:12 Machines and barbells are not the same
- 39:24 Getting bigger muscles is a side effect of getting strong
- 47:12 Machines can’t make you gain weight
- 52:14 People that train with machines
- 56:34 Your health
Credit : Source Post